ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING AND ANTI-TERRORIST FINANCING USER GUIDELINES
1: Purpose and Basis
Money laundering activities seriously jeopardize the development of digital asset transactions, foster breeding corruption, ruin the social atmosphere, and damage users’ legitimate rights and interests. It can also undermine the foundation of the stable operation of digital asset trading platforms and increase the legal and operational risks of digital asset trading platforms.
TulipEx is implementing these guidelines under the conditions of the “TulipEx Anti-Money Laundering Rules,” “User Agreement,” and “Management Measures for Large-value Transactions,” preventing money laundering and terrorist financing activities and fully implement the relevant provisions of the anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism financing laws,
This guideline applies to all users trading on the TulipEx Platform. Users should follow the legal provisions of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing in their country or region and implement these guidelines within the scope of the law in their area. If the user’s country or region has stricter requirements, the user needs to follow these rules.
3: Anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing
TulipEx, under the relevant laws and anti-money laundering regulations, will take suitable measures to stop these activities and put safeguards in place to detect such activities that lead to concealing drug crimes, organized crimes, terrorist crimes, smuggling, corruption, bribery, financial fraud, financial management order crimes, etc.,
4: TulipEx anti-money laundering regulations
The relevant rules of TulipEx anti-money laundering (including anti-terrorism financing, the same below) include the “Tulipex Anti-Money Laundering Rules,” the “User Agreement,” the “Management Measures for Large-value Transactions,” and these guidelines. If the content specified in this guideline conflicts with other rules, this guideline will apply first.
5: The basic principle of anti-money laundering on the TulipEx platform
The TulipEx platform conducts user risk monitoring under the following regulations:
- Comprehensiveness: TulipEx will consider all kinds of risk factors that users may be suspected of money laundering and take reasonable measures to monitor all users.
- Prudence: TulipEx will improve the ability to identify users based on a thorough understanding of customers and prudently monitor user
- Persistence: TulipEx will continue to pay attention to user risks and respond to actual situations.
- Confidentiality: The user identity, transaction information, and risk level information held by TulipEx are strictly confidential and will not be provided to any unit or individual under legal and regulatory requirements.
- Hierarchical Management: TulipEx shall regularly audit users’ basic information according to their risk levels. The audit of users with higher risk levels shall be more rigorous than users with lower risk levels.
6: Submission of individual user files
TulipEx individual users should submit the following information and materials under the TulipEx anti-money laundering regulations:
- Full legal name；
- Copy of ID card or passport；
- Other information or documents that Tulips should provide for the high-risk category of users
7: Submission of institutional client files
Institutional clients should submit the following information and materials under the TulipEx anti-money laundering regulations:
- Company name；
- Company registered office address；
- The legal representative of the company；
- Domicile of the company’s legal representative；
- Business license；
- Copy of the company’s legal representative ID card or passport；
- Other information or documents that need to be submitted to TulipEx
8: User file review
TulipEx will verify and record the relevant information submitted by the user according to the customer identification system in the TulipEx anti-money laundering regulations. If TulipEx has doubts about the information submitted by the user, it has the right to verify the information with the relevant authorities or departments.
9: Monitoring of low-risk users
TulipEx will test low-risk users according to the specific requirements of the TulipEx anti-money laundering regulations. TulipEx reserves the right to make changes to the grade of the low-risk users.
10: Monitoring of high-risk users
TulipEx will conduct a semi-annual review for the high-risk category of users, update the basic information of the user’s identity, and understand the source of funds, the use of funds, economic status, or business status.
11: User file saving
TulipEx will take necessary measures to keep user identity information and transaction information for a certain period. According to international rules, after the end of the business relationship. TulipEx will save the file for at least five years from the end of the last transaction.
12: User attention
TulipEx users should be aware of the following:
- It is forbidden to lend the user’s account to others；
- It is not permitted to rent or lend the user’s ID card；
- It is forbidden to rent, lend, or disclose important personal financial information such as the user’s account, bank card, passport, password, etc.；
- Users should actively cooperate with TulipEx for customer identification；
- Select and use secure third-party financial institutions for payment activities when trading on the TulipEx platform
13: Reporting of suspicious behavior
If TulipEx users find any account engaged in money laundering or terrorist financing activities when trading on the platform, they can report to TulipEx.
14: Interpretation of the guidelines
The Tulipex platform explains this guide.
15: Effective Date
These guidelines shall take effect as of the date of publication.